The role is to carry out information technology and systems audits to provide independent in-house objective assurance on the accuracy, completeness, availability and integrity of financial information and IT systems, advising on the airline’s operational control environment and risk management practice.
Key function is to do internal audit, enterprise risk management assessments regarding IT Projects, and ICT Audits, supporting the internal audit strategy, operational plan, advisory services on technology operations, infrastructure, and cybersecurity services in alignment with the airline’s strategy.
Coordinate specific IT system audits processes to support the implementation and execution of the overall Audit Plan, monitoring compliance, preparing, and presenting audit findings and recommendations, and providing assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies, and procedures in line with IIA Standards and the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Design, Implement and Manage Internal Audit IT & Systems Operational Plan and projects.
- Drives timely execution of audit engagements from planning through to reporting.
- Partners with sections or functions within the airline in providing advice on ICT governance matters, developing, and delivering assurance and value add reviews, responding flexibly in a dynamic environment and enhancing the capabilities and deliverables of the internal audit function.
- Engage with the key stakeholders to prepare and design reviews to be included in the annual risk-based internal audit plan.
- Manages the follow-up of open findings until deficiencies are remediated.
- participate in internal audit projects in various capacities from conducting audits to supporting and guiding audit teams and auditees where appropriate.
- Critically evaluates audit issues identified including assessment of the issue/root cause and financial & operational impact to the business.
- Communicate findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate control deficiencies.
- Liaise with the business on statuses of key projects and initiatives by giving advisory services to the risk exposures to the airline.
- Contribute to the coordination and identification of risks.
Minimum Education Required
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/CISA/CFE/CRMA/CIA/equivalent
- IT Internal Audit, IT Risk Management, or Cybersecurity qualification
- Professional membership of IIA/IASCA/IRM/CFE
- Knowledge in auditing cyber security, information technology, infrastructure, system implementation, resilience, and general IT operational controls
- Knowledge of cloud-based technology and infrastructure
- ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issue tracking and reporting.
- strong negotiation and influencing abilities at all levels, including positive stakeholder management.
- proven deliverability of technology and cyber audit plans (or equivalent assurance/advisory/compliance deliverables.
Minimum Experience Required
- At least six (6) years’ post qualification experience as an Internal Auditor of which three (3) should have been in supervision and/or coordination of Internal Audit Accounting function or related activities in similar sized organization.
- Experience in the Aviation Industry will be an added advantage.
CLOSING DATE: 26th January 2024