INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER – INFORMATION SYSTEMS – 36 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure that policies and procedures established by Board and Management are adhered to as well as to ensure that controls are effective, promote operational efficiencies and effective risk management.
This role is critical in ensuring conformance to corporate governance practices. Failure to observe good corporate governance practices could lead to total breakdown in the organisation’s operations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Compliance And Governance
- Develop and implement annual IT Audit plans.
- Develop IT audit template for information gathering and reporting of observations.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams of the Bank to obtain precise information for IT audit processing.
- Adhere to auditing standards established by the Banks Audit Methodology
- Communicate IT audit findings and recommendations to Head Internal Audit
- Address IT auditing and operational issues promptly.
- Identify best practices to meet IT audit requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain clear and complete IT audit documentations.
- Monitor the status and timely resolution of internal and external IT audit recommendations.
- Lead a team of professional auditors throughout all audit phases.
- To supervise, coach, and provide on the job training for junior auditors.
- To schedule audit and assign work to audit staff.
- To develop and review the Bank’s audit processes and policies and make recommendations for change.
- To liaise with Molomatsebe and review submitted tips to determine whether there is need for follow up.
- To manage audit staff overtime and leave.
- IT service providers reviews
- To ensure that all risks are identified and that mitigation plans are put in place.
- To assess risks in all functional areas for purposes of audit scheduling and determination of scope and objectives.
- To conduct organization wide risk assessment and develop an organization priority list.
- To develop, prepare and manage the Internal Audit Department budget.
- To manage, develop staff and set key performance areas and monitor performance.
- To instil a culture of measuring performance and rewarding contribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Information Systems, or related relevant field.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Member in good standing of a recognised supervisory body
- A total of 6 years in auditing 3 of which should have been at management level.
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Willingness to Learn
- Computer Skills
- Delivery Orientation
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Compliance and governance
- Risk management
- People management
- Financial management