BTO invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the positions of:
INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will responsible for:
• To provide Management and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board objective and independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control processes, as well as consulting services to improve operations
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Manages the Internal Audit Function, according to the Performance Management System (PMS).
• Plans and schedules audits and ensures compliance to International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Auditing Standards) on all engagements.
• Monitors departmental performances against objectives and scheduled plans.
• Co-ordinates and collates specialist audit information and formulates recommendations in the preparation of audit reports.
• Provides advice and discuss audit findings with heads of the functional areas being audited.
• Prepares final reports of findings and recommendations for submission to management and the FAC, availing copies of reports to External Auditors.
• Develops the audit strategy for BTO.
• Keeps abreast of new audit issues.
• Liaises with External Auditors and other providers of assurance services.
• Ensures that policies and procedures are complied with. Checks the effectiveness of such policies and procedures and advises Management accordingly.
• Reviews organizational activities for economy and effectiveness and advises management on opportunities for improvement and change.
• Investigates non-compliance with systems and procedures.
• Conducts investigations on behalf of the organization and ensures that business controls are in place and maintained.
• Appraises the controls that safeguard the assets of the organization.
• Coordinates identification of organizational risks and evaluates the risk management by identifying bad or weak processes, making recommendations and proving follow up.
• Provides assurance to various stakeholders on the Corporate Governance of the organization.
• Evaluates the adequacy, economy, efficiency and effectiveness of the business control framework, systems, and the risk management and governance processes, and recommends improvements to Management.
• Follows up recommendations contained in the engagement communications to Management, to confirm implementation, and
• Prepares the Unit budget proposals and manages the Unit allocation of the budget according to the delegated authority
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Auditing or related field
• Professional stage of an internationally recognised Qualification
e.g. (CIA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors Botswana (IIAB)
• Five (5) years’ experience in auditing medium to large scale operations, 2 of which should have been spent at management level.
• Post Graduate Certification in Enterprise Risk Management
If you meet the above requirements, please apply to:
Executive Manager- HR & Admin
Botswana Tourism Organisation at:
Closing Date: Friday, 19th May 2023
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.