A Job vacancy has risen within Letshego Holdings Limited for the Infrastructure & Cloud Specialist Role
- Main Purpose (Why does the exist) done
The Infrastructure and Cloud Specialist will be responsible for driving strategy and delivery of complex infrastructure initiatives and BAU (Business As Usual) support.
- Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities done
- Monitor Data centers, Cloud Environments and other centralized repositories of computer systems to ensure that networks are functioning uninterruptedly, the users are accessing data, and the speed of processing and power maintenance are efficient always.
- Evaluate logs and see to it that there are no unresolved problems and issues.
- Perform basic hardware and software fixes, replacements, and upgrades, while ensuring compliance with and updating user guides and documentation.
- Interact with vendors for projects they manage, provide technical support, and accept output from project and partners
- Complete upgrades and changes with an objective that there is a minimum adverse effect on services, which need to be maintained at unconventional timings.
- On-call for incident management as part of the L2 team and to ensure the return to stability as quickly as possible, and within the defined SLA
- Provide input on requirements for capacity, and assess/certify sizing requirements for new workloads.
- Monitor activities, procedures, and utilization within the Letshego environment to maintain IT policies and comply with the regulation.
- Interface with partners in commencing work orders for issues remediation
- Assist with implementing changes to designs to handle modifications Letshego’s infrastructure, and provide feedback to end users
- Perform regular build image updates for remediation of identified security vulnerabilities within both on premises and cloud environments
- Participate in regular security analysis and operating system hardening requirement discussions
- Ensure platform consistency is achieved between each stack and environment, prior to each release cycle
- Ensure base server platforms and services are within one version of current where possible
- Perform benchmarking to assess the impact of application upgrades, tuning, or meet business requirements
- Provide capacity planning and trending analysis with regard to system and service performance over time
- Identify opportunities in automation, participate in related activities, and manage content in revision control
- Participate as L2 in a well-defined L1-L3 support model, responding to alerts and proactively managing issues
- Review tools/technologies and methodologies, providing solutions based on best practice and innovation
- Support audit teams through information provision, clarification and remediation of audit findings within SLA
- Train and mentor junior or newer employees
- Key Performance Indicators
- Cost Management
- Improved Customer Experience
- Improved Audit rating
- Incident SLA Compliance
- Complexity of role done
- Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels of staff
- Ability to work and collaborate with team members in different geographical locations.
- Cross Domain delivery
- Education, Knowledge and Experience of Job Holder
• A Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent
• CCNA/P, Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect Associate, VCP (VMware Certified Professional) or any related industry experience
• 5+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT Infrastructure and cloud solutions.
• Knowledge in platform management with VMWare and Kubernetes, including container strategies
• Experience with VCenter operations
• Experience with cloning and hardening of VMs, including the creation of golden images
• Data Center Management experience including replication monitoring
• Technical writing including the creation of policies, standards, procedures & guidelines
• Experience with interbank integrations
• Experience with Incident management and handling
• Technical knowledge in the following products will be advantageous:
CyberArk, Axway / SFTP, Solarwinds and VEAM
- Skills done
- Knowledge of Data Center backup and replication strategies
- Solid experience on:
- Data Center Management
- BCM and DRP Testing
- Solarwinds or server monitoring tools
- AWS infrastructure setup
- Host and Storage administration
- Technical writing including the creation of test reports, processes and procedures
- Sound IT Security systems concepts and principles
- Extensive knowledge of hardware, and competence in Linux and/or Windows operating system is a plus
- Advantageous to have following experience with AWS services like VPC, EC2, Lambda, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, SSM, CloudWatch, Terraform etc, and Azure services
Closing Date: 20 November 2023
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Letshego Contact Number: 3643000
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will be offered to a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should forward their applications accompanied by their Curriculum Vitae to the provided email by indicating the position they are applying for on the subject email: Ref: Infrastructure & Cloud Specialist.