INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER – 24 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Plan, implement and maintain Cyber security policies to protect a Bank’s computer network and data from various forms of security breaches.
Ability to design, configure and maintain server infrastructure as well as maintain critical back-up records.
Planning and developing strategies to protect the Bank’s computer network and data from various forms of security breaches
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To clearly understand the concept of risk and the different kinds of risks being – Credit, Market and Operational risks.
Human Resource Management
- To assist the day-to-day organisation of staff.
Information Technology Management
- To develop, implement and maintain the Bank wide Cyber security Framework.
- To develop and implement security policies, procedures and controls to protect information assets.
- To monitor compliance with security policies and procedures by employees and contractors.
- To investigate security incidents, determine root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- To educate employees on information cyber security risks and best practices for mitigating those risks
- Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
- Develop and Implement a robust Cyber security response plan
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Performing penetration tests to address any flaws and implement remedial actions in line with the findings of the tests
- Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
- Documenting any security breaches, assessing their damage and implementing prevantitive measures.
- Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years relevant post qualification experiences.
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Achievement and Orientation
Closing date: 30 November 2023