Title: Information Management Officer
Location: Gaborone, BW
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To provide 1st Level Support by registering and classifying received Incidents and to undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible and to respond to and resolve incidents involving information systems and related equipment used at the workplace and the provision of assistance to users to enable them to make effective use of such systems and equipment, in support of agreed IT service levels.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Answering and processing calls and inquiries at a help desk (first line support), following procedures, searching records on related topics to establish possible solutions to problems, documenting any findings on the call log, reviewing log entries.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving low impact computing/network problems, referring to network users, other staff, and suppliers, as necessary.
- Maintaining records of hardware assets and software licenses and managing stock of IT equipment and consumables.
- Documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, intalls, configures, upgrades, administers, tests and commissions end user hardware/software or their routine upgrades, taking cognisance of service level agreement tolerances.
- Analyses network and computer operation problems, in order to resolve problems within the agreed service level tolerances.
- Providing correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: reconfiguring systems, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Takes cognizance of, adheres to and promotes Corporate Governance and Company policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved budgets
- Coordinates and monitors the implementation of safety, health and environmental programs in area of responsibility taking cognisance of all legal requirements
- Establishes and maintains Business Partner relationships with all key stakeholders to facilitate the optimal functioning of the functional area
- Diploma. in Information and Communication Technology or Equivalent or Business Area Degree (Finance, Mining, Geology e.t.c)
2 Years experience at Diploma level post certification
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Drivers License – Class B
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Corporate and statutory compliance
- Application Provisioning, Information and support
- Information Management Operations
- (S/I)_Achievement Orientation (3)
- (S/I)_Impact & Influence (4)
- (S/I)_Innovation (3)
- (S/I)_Building Partnerships (5)
- (S/I)_Adaptability (3)
- (S/I)_Service Orientation (5)
- (S/I)_Teamwork & Collaboration (4)
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.