Title: Information Management Analyst – Systems
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
1. Analyses and integrates business cases and other initial project/business change documentation and translates them into technical requirements and system specifications that makes up the solution blueprint to protect corporate information assets by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage cyber threats and incidents.
2. Manages the implementation and support of systems, networks and platforms ensuring end-to-end service agreements are being delivered according to overall service delivery model and performance to ensure effectiveness of cybersecurity controls
Key Job Responsibilities
- Co-oordinates and manages projects/initiatives as and when required, taking cognisance of project principles, project scope, specifications, time cost parameters, health, safety and legal requirements.
- Controls the IT architecture design and checks compliance with architecture guidelines
- Defines, implements and monitors the application and infrastructure management processes
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate system, platforms, networks and process documentation.
- Ensures that the IT architecture reflects the need for legal and regulatory compliance, the ethical use of information and business continuity.
- Monitors relevant new technology developments from the business’s point of view
- Monitors, analyses, tunes and optimises business processes and interfaces in cooperation with business process owners and the IM function
- Provides IT architecture guidelines and standards
- Provides support in complying with architecture guidelines and standards
- Transforms customer requirements into accepted business solutions through applications provisioning by managing/facilitating and the delivery of the business need.
- Gather, analyse, define and document business requirements
- Work closely with vendors and 3rd party contractors when required to accomplish objectives
- Adheres to Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including development, operations, quality assurance and security, to streamline processes
- Build and maintain the CI/CD pipelines to improve developer productivity, agility and code quality
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and troubleshoot complex production issues
- Bachelors Degree in Information and Communication Technology or Business Area Degree (Finance, Mining, Geology e.t.c)
- 6 years of Information Technology experience
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Experience with AZURE and Kubernetes development platforms.
- System design
- System Support
- Business requirement analysis
- Software Engineering
- Quality Assurance
- Application Provisioning, Information and support
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Service Orientation
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Impact and Influence
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
Closing Date: 3 February 2023
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.