Title: Information Management Administrator – Infrastructure
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To provide second hand line problem resolution service for platforms, systems and computer operations as appropriate, making recommendations or proposals for efficient information sharing/management.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Managing the back office, local area network and or wide area network resolving user queries and requests and implementation of continuous business improvement efforts within the infrastructure
- Analysing business infrastructure requirements for functional areas such as finance, Materials Management, Plant Maintenance, or human resources
- Supports day to day development of applications, including software design, coding, testing, debugging, and requirements documentation with focus on SAP ABAP.
- Provides an effective User support and Help Desk functions.
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, intalls, configures, upgrades, administers, tests and commissions end user hardware/software or their routine upgrades, taking cognisance of service level agreement tolerances.
- Provides an intergated information management, technology and business support services to clients, in support of agreed IT service level, by monitoring, planning anad controlling contracts and service level agreements, inter alia;
- Ensures quality standards for all activities within the designated area of responsibility, by making changes (technical) to quality standards, according to documented procedures and ensures that changes are widely communicated.
- Administers the change management process, minimising the impact of change on co-workers and clients in line with the business’ established change management protocols.
- Co-ordinates and monitors actions to meet agreed time and quality targets for the creation, testing and maintenance of information systems recovery plans and identifies issues to be resolved.
- Carries out defined systems backups, restoring data as required and ensures that documentation supporting systems and software is available.
- Assists users in defining their needs for new access rights and privileges, and operates and administers logical access controls relating to one or more platforms in order to provide continuous and secure access to information services by:
Other Job Responsibilities
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognizance of the need to create a clear audit trail, by; carrying out and observing all associated administrative and clerical procedures
- Takes cognizance of, adheres to and promotes Corporate Governance and Company policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
- Adheres to safety, health and environmental programs in area of responsibility taking cognizance of all legal requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Information and Communication Technology or Equivalent
3 years IT operations experience or 2 years SAP ABAP support experience with a minimum of K2 SAP skills level
- Vendor Management
- System Support
- System design
- Problem Solving
- Technology / Knowledge Management
- IT Infrastructure Design
- IT Infrastructure Support & Maintenance
- Value Driven
- Understanding the business
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Service Orientation
- Judgement and decision making
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.