In-House Accountant (Francistown)
Closing date: 24 February 2023
We are seeking a creative, self-driven, and energetic In- House Accountant to become a part of our growing team. Preference will be given to candidates with previous vast experience in all areas of accounting.
Main Purpose of the Job
To maintain the day-to-day financial/accounting services to meet the business requirements and to support the business operations.
Key Performance Areas
1. Administering and monitoring the financial system and ensuring that the company’s finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Overseeing the accounts payable and accounts receivable and ensuring that the records of all money are accurate.
3. Administering payment of various stakeholders.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Implements the financial policies and procedures of the company.
2. Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual activities including reconciliation of bank accounts.
3. Coordinates and completes annual audits and reviews financial results to management.
4. Analysis and reports on financial status including income statement variances and communicating financial results to management.
5. Prepares and reconciles the general ledger.
6. Prepares and reconciles the general bank statements.
7. Prepares the budget and analysis it.
8. Prepares the income statements.
9. Prepares customer invoices.
10. Reconciles the accounts payable and accounts receivable.
11. Reconciles monthly deposits.
12. Improves the current systems and procedures and initiates corrective actions.
13. Issues payment to the various stakeholders, clients/customers, and suppliers.
14. Establishes and maintains the supplier’s accounts.
15. Overseeing of taxes and abides the Botswana Unified Revenue Services (BURS) regulations.
16. Ensures that transactions and financial data are properly recorded and entered into the computerised accounting system.
17. Reconciles supplier statements and remittances.
18. Assists with the annual audit.
19. Manages and maintains the filing, storage, and security of financial and company documents (files and records).
20. Submits a monthly report outlining the activities and performance of the department.
2-3 years accounting experience
Minimum of Advance Certificate in Accounting with AAT or CAT qualification
Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks
Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases
Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
The position requires the incumbent to have an excellent eye for detail.
Internal audit experience
Must be registered with BICA
HONESTY is key to this position
For hand deliveries please drop your application at:
If you think you are the right candidate for this job please email your application, CV, and supporting documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can drop your application documents at Zila Investments, Plot 3619, Phase IV Industrial Area, Francistown. Tel: 2420267/75503538/74465226