- Gaborone, Botswana
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit and provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Assistant works in close collaboration with Programme, Operations and projects teams in the CO and UNDP HQ staff to resolve ICT- related issues.
UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across units, functions, teams, and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Control of CO Assets
- Provision of logistical services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Support implementation of ICT management systems and strategies.
- Ensure compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines, and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Provide inputs to CO administrative business processes mapping and support implementation of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide ICT support for key events and provide video/audio conferencing support for hybrid meetings.
- Provide ICT help desk support to colleagues in other agencies.
- Provide input to preparation of results-oriented workplans.
- Support the use of ERP functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2. Ensure effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages.
- Perform specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and making routine repairs.
- Provide network printer support.
- Provide network and internet access and troubleshooting support (both wired and wireless) to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Provision new PCs through Azure Intune
- Provide support on file management and MS Teams and OneDrive for Business use for document, files and records management.
3. Ensure effective ICT asset management and documentation.
- Maintain and organize IT resources, loan equipment, consumables, and other inventory items.
- Maintain inventory in corporate asset tracking system and all other online and offline systems to manage accountability condition and record of all assets.
- Maintain asset labeling, tagging, and engraving in line with the asset policy.
4.Ensure effective functioning of online SharePoint and related software.
- Develop Business Applications based on SharePoint Online, PowerApps, PowerBI, together with Data Analytics tools as and when needed and within skill level.
- Support in designing SharePoint sites and internet pages.
- Manage MS Teams and design interfaces and forms.
5. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
- Participate and assist in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Pursue learning in areas relevant to.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 1: Assesses work with critical eye
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow Level 1: Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work.
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 1: Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives.
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 1: Reliably and consistently listens and interprets information and instruction correctly.
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 1: Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables.
Building Strategic Partnerships -Ability to analyze general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives. Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop).
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing-Ability to present information on best practices in organizational change. Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise– Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures. Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development -Ability to present information on best practices in organizational change. Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems-Ability to use information/ databases/other management systems. Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop.
Client Orientation-Ability to maintain effective client relationships and understand client needs, ensuring overall provision of quality services to clients. Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop.
- A university degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or an equivalent field will be given due consideration.
- No minimum experience required.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.