Main purpose of the position
To provide strategic and operational HR advice and support services to the business on a range of HR activities such as recruitment, employee relations, workforce planning, performance management and policy interpretation for effective delivery of the HR and Corporate Strategy.
- Implements the HR Strategy in line with the Corporation’s Strategy to assist the business in achieving its strategic goals.
- Partners with business to develop and implement holistic HR solutions that empower the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Provides, supports and focuses on increasing the talent quotient and driving improvements as per the BPC Talent Management Model.
- Performs key operational and strategic HR work by producing correspondence to the highest professional standards.
- Provides timely, accurate and robust advice and guidance on the full range of routine and complex HR issues.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of service area Workforce Plans, Performance Matrices and Assessment Reports.
- Maintains and updates employee records through the relevant HRIS.
- Interprets core HR processes to ensure clear understanding by managers and supervisors within the business/function for cordial workforce relationship.
- Implements change management activities within the business to ensure that change impact is managed in a timely, professional, and lawful manner .
- Acts as the local lead on HR aspects of internal employment checks, audits and external inspections as well as maintenance of related RACMs.
- Takes a lead role in the innovation of HR practice, policies, procedures and management toolkits/guidance, carrying out effective horizon scanning to identify future developments.
- Leads and manage delegated projects commensurate with the role to support the work of the HR team.
- Complies with organisational and statutory safety, health, environment and risk management policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Industrial and Organisational Psychology or related field from a recognised Institution
- Professional membership from a credible institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Of the above, at least two (2) years must be in HR Services position in a multi discipline environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Human Resources best practices including HR Analytics, Employment Labour Law and Recruitment and Selection.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 18th December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.