HUMAN RESOURCES RELATIONSHIP OFFICER (X1) GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 01 January 2024
Main purpose of the position
To provide strategic and operational HR advice and support services to the business on a range of HR activities such as recruitment, employee relations, workforce planning, performance management and policy interpretation for effective delivery of the HR and Corporate Strategy.
- Implements the HR Strategy in line with the Corporation’s Strategy to assist the business in achieving its strategic goals.
- Partners with business to develop and implement holistic HR solutions that empower the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Provides, supports and focuses on increasing the talent quotient and driving improvements as per the BPC Talent Management Model.
- Performs key operational and strategic HR work by producing correspondence to the highest professional standards.
- Provides timely, accurate and robust advice and guidance on the full range of routine and complex HR issues.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of service area Workforce Plans, Performance Matrices and Assessment Reports.
- Maintains and updates employee records through the relevant HRIS.
- Interprets core HR processes to ensure clear understanding by managers and supervisors within the business/function for cordial workforce relationship.
- Implements change management activities within the business to ensure that change impact is managed in a timely, professional, and lawful manner .
- Acts as the local lead on HR aspects of internal employment checks, audits and external inspections as well as maintenance of related RACMs.
- Takes a lead role in the innovation of HR practice, policies, procedures and management toolkits/guidance, carrying out effective horizon scanning to identify future developments.
- Leads and manage delegated projects commensurate with the role to support the work of the HR team.
- Complies with organisational and statutory safety, health, environment and risk management policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Industrial and Organisational Psychology or related field from a recognised Institution
- Professional membership from a credible institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Of the above, at least two (2) years must be in HR Services position in a multi discipline environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Human Resources best practices including HR Analytics, Employment Labour Law and Recruitment and Selection.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 01 January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.