CHOPPIES GROUP – HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
(based in Gaborone Botswana)
Are you an experienced Human Resources manager having worked for a large corporate? Are you looking for new challenges and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in the fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
The Choppies Group is the largest grocery retailer in southern Africa, outside of South Africa. Operating 155 stores and eight distribution centres across the African continent, with a presence in 4 countries.
We are looking for a competent Human Resources (HR) manager with extensive people management experience who will play an integral role in setting the Group’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. You will play an active and key role in managing the business and be part of a team to develop the business and especially it’s people.
It is highly preferred if you have experience in the Grocery Retail business.
This is a position in the C-suite of the Group overseeing several business departments. This role is authoritative and especially relevant in our diverse employee and store base. A person in this role is expected to build rapport with other executives to stay efficient in handling the broad scope of responsibilities.
Responsibility includes but is not limited to: –
- Work with the company’s CEO and/or Remuneration Committee to strategically plan HR initiatives that will benefit the company and encourage more efficient and beneficial work from employees
- Accountable in driving the People agenda
- Design compensation and benefits packages
- Implement performance review procedures (e.g. quarterly/annual and 360° evaluations)
- Develop fair HR policies and ensure employees understand and comply with them
- Implement effective sourcing, screening and interviewing techniques
- Assess training needs and coordinate learning and development initiatives for all employees
- Monitor HR department’s budget
- Act as the point of contact regarding labour legislation issues
- Manage employees’ grievances
- Create and run referral bonus programs
- Review current HR technology and recommend more effective software (including HRIS and ATS)
- Measure employee retention and turnover rates
- Oversee daily operations of the HR department
- Ensure Choppies complies with local laws, legislation, and regulations relating to Choppies operations in Southern Africa.
- Provide administrative support related to country operations and growth.
- Create brand loyalty.
- Ensure a high level of employee satisfaction to create high performing teams and a high performing culture.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills that inspire, drive and challenge sales teams to think big and improve performance. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by our mission and vision.
- A desire for action with strengths in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to think clearly & analyze quantitatively.
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment and must be a self-starter who is excited about technology.
- Builds and manages a high-performance team with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement to enable scalability to overcome challenges.
- Self-starter, independent and able to switch easily from strategic to operational work.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, finance, or related field
- 5+ years of management experience in HR
- Deep knowledge of all areas of HR (Recruitment, Talent Development, Total Reward, Compliance, etc)
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Suite (especially Excel) and various HR software programs
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate and connect department managers and employees regarding all HR matters
Package negotiable depending on Experience & Qualifications!
If you feel you are a good fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. Please apply online. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
Please apply online with your detailed CV and traceable references to LinkedIn no later than the 15th of February 2021.
Leave A Comment