BotswanaPost is on a journey to excellence with the aim to build a high performance and people centered company that is fit-to-serve and fit-to-grow. The company invites suitably qualified, innovative, results orientated and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions described below and join a team of professionals to drive service excellence.
HUMAN CAPITAL RELATIONSHIP OFFICER-HEAD OFFICE & VALUE CENTRE SOUTH (GABORONE) – BPS 33/2/3 Vol.1 (39)
To work as a strategic and business partner with the functional teams to ensure appropriate human capital solutions are provided, and to create, foster and sustain a constructive industrial relations climate between management and employees in order to support the optimal use of the BotswanaPost’s Human Capital to meet business objectives. To assist in the implementation, coordination and promotion of the Organization’s strategy in order to enhance business performance.
The position directly reports to the Human Capital Relationship General Manager-Head Office & Value Centre South
- Give expert advice, recommendations and quality decision making to respective business units on key human capital processes such as; Remuneration and benefits, Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance Management and Wellbeing of employees.
- Provide coaching and advice to staff around organisational development concepts such as; organisation design, change management, team dynamics, work culture, employee engagement and talent development.
- Assists and supports the line manager and the Value Centre Management Teams to build talent pipeline for the Business Unit, including identification and development of High Potential Staff, and Succession Planning.
- Assists in handling and processing of grievances, disciplinary cases and disputes in accordance with relevant policies and procedures within set turnaround times.
- Responsible for coordination of onboarding new employees.
- Contributes to building of a high performance culture through assisting in effective training and implementation of the performance management system.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Human Capital performance indicator reports.
- Determines and processes calculations of employees’ compensations.
- Perform structured testing and analysis of HR systems.
- Explores and communicates improvement areas for HR and the supporting interfaced systems.
- Generate and analyse Human Capital reports to aid decision making and problem-solving
- A University Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Industrial Psychology or related field is required.
- A relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional membership will be an advantage.
- A Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in a generalist Human Resources role.
- Knowledge of Labour Laws and Employee Relations.
- Experience in performance management, workman’s compensation, training coordination and facilitation.
- Experience in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures and Practices.
- Experience in using ERP System will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of Labor Laws/Industrial Relations & Human Capital Policies
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communications skills
- Analytical skills
- Assertive & decisive
- Proactive & innovative
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and Omang/ID to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
P.O. Box 100 Gaborone
OR email a complete application to: email@example.com clearly stating position applied in the subject box.
All applications must be submitted on or before 28th February 2023.
NOTE: Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.