Botswana is a country located in southern Africa. The official languages are English and Tswana.
Below is a selection of resources for searching for employment opportunities as a foreigner in Botswana.
General Job Search Engines and Classifieds
With the sites below, you can expect to get a 0.5 to 1.0% response rate (people who will respond back to you to whom you sent your application/CV.) Nevertheless, I encourage you to give these sites a try as you never know what you will come up with or what connections you can make from a simple e-mail or application.
- Job4BW: a local job search engine where you can find all jobs available in Botswana
- Career Junction: Career Junction is a big South African job search site that has options for Botswana.
- Career Jet: I’m sure you’ve heard of Career Jet. They have job search options for Botswana.
- Learn4Good: Learn4Good has a good portal for jobs on a number of levels.
Teaching English is an option (if you are a native English speaker that is). All of the sites below are pretty similar and have a massive amount of teaching English job options. Browse through each of the sites for any English job opportunities in Botswana. Also, be sure to check out this cool table from the International TEFL academy that shows how much money teachers can expect to make in various countries around the world.
- ESL Employment: Not the most beautiful interface, but who needs a pretty website when you have so many English teaching job options to choose from.
- Total ESL: Also an overly busy interface but a wealth of job postings for teaching jobs abroad.
- ESL Cafe: Dave does a great job in compiling some of the best job openings from around the world.
- Tesall: Big teaching jobs aggregator.
Overseas and Expat Job Portals
- Michael Page: An international executive recruitment website that I’ve used in the past. This site is targeted towards high-end job seekers.
- Overseas Jobs: We find that there is often significant overlap between the postings on this site and that of other sites. Nevertheless this site has been around for a while.
- Go Abroad: We’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. They have a good job portal too.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
There you have it. The best places to find jobs in Botswana as a foreigner. For information on visas for Botswana, be sure to check out my Botswana visa page.