Title: Housing Coordinator
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To interpret Housing Services requirements and implement Housing processes to support, maintain, integrate and co-ordinate activities/projects in area of responsibility
Key Job Responsibilities
- Analyses the divisional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet business needs
- Manages and controls allocated funds and operates within approved parameters
- Interprets and manages implementation of Housing strategy for the section to meet the operation’s medium and long term plans
- Analyses trends in the Housing arena, assessing possible impact on the Housing strategy and takes appropriate action
- Develops optimal short term Housing plans and coordinates implementation through optimal allocation of resources in line with short, medium and long term plans, taking cognizance of organizational people objectives
- Co-ordinates the provision of housing across the operation
- Monitors implementation of processes, ensuring alignment with the law, SLAs, policies, procedures, corporate governance & best practice, & making remedial recommendations for continuous improvements;
- identifying key role-players and networking/consulting and advising clients on Housing issues
- Maintaining service levels, technical co-ordination and standardization across the functional area, through constant evaluation of incongruences.
- Interprets Housing information systems requirements and making recommendations for improved systems and processes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Interprets housing policies and procedures to community services officers and line management to ensure consistent application of same in areas of responsibility and advises / initiates corrective action where necessary.
- Identifies demands in housing service and shortcomings in information dissemination and other related systems/service and initiates recommendations to meet these needs such as work flows/ processes and performance appraisal trends etc
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create a clear audit trail
- carrying out and observing all associated administrative and clerical procedures
- Documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis
- Maintaining an accurate log of calls and associated problems for reference
- Maintaining details, action taken and other relevant information
- Contributing to the development of procedures standards and contracts
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of safety, health and environmental program in area of responsibility
- Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance
- Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Establishes a process wherein sharing tenants are in a position to discuss, share and resolve challenges accustom to shared accommodation
Other Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Technical or Commercial Degree
6 years post qualification experience, with 2 years at supervisory level in Estates Management environment.
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Learning & Development
- Performance Management
- Organisation Change and Development
- Employee Relations
- Business Acumen
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Service Orientation
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.