- To carry out planned preventative, breakdown maintenance and proper installation modifications to ensure optimal underground and surface hoisting equipment, compressors, cable belts, chair lifts and ventilation fans availability in accordance with the Botswana Mines Quarries Works and Machinery Act. in a professional manner, Consistent with production requirements within acceptable budget limits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives a work order/request and assesses work to be carried out and mobilises resources such as labour, tools, and equipment, checking for defects/damage, takes necessary remedial action or refers to appropriate officer to remedy
- Carries out inspection of designated area to identify defects to determine serviceability
- Notes defects, using prescribed checklist, repairs any faults and reports defects to the supervisor to schedule repairs
- Carries out major equipment replacement and modifications
- Performs troubleshooting on breakdowns on Winders, Compressors, Ventilation Fans, Cable Belts and Chair Lifts.
- Strips, Services and Install mechanical components (e.g., compressors, pumps, gearboxes, couplings, etc) as per standard procedures
- Performs condition monitoring, e.g., bearing vibrations, temperature, oil analysis etc.
- Interprets schematic drawings from manuals or draws mechanical circuits for repairs and installations
- Test runs and operates equipment to check for efficiency and functionality after carrying out repairs, and rectifies any faults to meet equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Completes works orders for all the tasks performed and all the consumables used
- Interprets service and parts manuals in the process of ordering spares
- Records statutory activities on the log book, e.g., Condition of the winder brakes, ropes, conveyances, attachments etc.
- Oversees work of contractors and ensuring compliance with Company rules, procedures and standards for undertaking specific work to be performed.
- Adheres to the Company rules, procedures and standards pertaining to safety in areas of responsibility.
- Maintains good housekeeping standards.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
- Follows lock out procedure prior to commencement of work
- To operate within budget
- To perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
- NCC Mechanical Fitting
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering an advantage
- 5 years of experience as a Mechanical Technician on Winders, Compressors, Mining Ventilation Fans, Cable Belts, Chair Lifts etc.
- 2 years Supervisory experience
- Mechanical Diagnostic ability
- Basic Electrical, Rigging and Welding knowledge
- Winding inspection techniques
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Commitment to Safety
- Work Standards
- Supervisory experience
- Information monitoring
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023