HEAVY DUTY DRIVER X7 CHARLESHILL, MOLEPOLOLE, MOCHUDI, JWANENG X2, LOBATSE & WERDA
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 01 January 2024
Main purpose of the position
To drive and operate heavy-duty vehicles, earth moving equipment and operate associated lifting equipment in accordance with safety standards and statutory requirements.
- Carries out routine inspection on the lifting equipment and earth moving equipment and ensures that they are serviced in accordance with the requirements for lifting and earth movement equipment.
- Monitors vehicle mileage and ensures that it is serviced accordingly.
- Inspection of roadworthiness, licensing, and certification of crane.
- Monitors for constant availability of essential vehicle accessories such as car jack, wheel spanner, fire extinguisher, first aid kit etc as per the inspection checklist.
- Operates complex machines, prioritizing and routing tasks to improve efficiency and adjusting multiple related variables to resolve problems.
- Operates crane mounted truck for loading and off-loading of materials, erecting of poles and equipment transformers in accordance with rated limits of lifting equipment and accessories.
- Operates other vehicle-mounted earth moving equipment such as backhoe, trench digger, front-end loader, auger etc.
- Operates earth moving equipment for maintenance of Transmission and Distribution lines servitudes.
- Loads and secure tools and equipment according to Standards and Procedures.
- Operates crane mounted truck during 132KV monopole repairs.
- Operates cherry picker and sky jack to elevate workmates.
- Performs operational tasks within given settings/parameters by following established processes.
- Drives light and heavy-duty vehicles and transport materials, personnel, and other equipment/machinery in accordance with acceptable road transport regulations.
- Monitors vehicle permits and licenses expiry dates and ensures they are renewed as per statutory requirements.
- Perform first line maintenance of vehicles.
- Keeps the vehicle and crane-mounted truck/earth moving equipment always clean.
- Works within strict quality standards to support the Quality function.
- Comply to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
- Actively participates in the safety, health and environment programmes as driven by the Corporation.
- BGSCE plus the following compulsory licenses;
- Extra Heavy Duty Driver’s Licence (EC)
- Special Type Drivers Licence (H)
- Tractor Loader Backhoe (JCB) operation certificate
- PrDP Permit
- Certification in truck mounted crane operation
- High voltage and Low voltage construction line certificate is an added advantage
- Two (2) years’ experience in driving Heavy Duty vehicles
- Drive For Results
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 01 January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.