The Head of Sales, Marketing and Logistics will be responsible for driving revenue to the organisation through coal product sales. The role will oversee the design and implementation of strategies and plans which will ensure increased sales volumes, price and margin and optimisation, improved customer management, and enhanced logistics and distribution channels of products to customers and markets. The Head of Sales, Marketing and Logistics will set sales targets, in line with MCM’s strategic ambitions, and ensure that the function is adequately capacitated to reach the set targets.
- Oversee the development of coherent short-term and long-term sales plans which will result in increased sales volumes, market share and overall product profitability.
- Drive identification of new markets for client acquisition and prioritise markets based on MCM’s strategy.
- Champion and lead the organisation’s ‘market pull’ sales culture.
- Oversee the design of pricing strategy and sales book (price optimisation or price effectiveness solutions and/or initiatives).
- Define sales approval thresholds and governance models.
- Lead and manage complex negotiations and close of profitable sales and supply deals.
- Lead the sales and marketing digital transformation initiative to streamline processes and enable faster decision making.
- Deliver strategic sales, marketing, and logistics insights and foresights that steer the organisation’s strategic choices.
- Participate in integrated planning sessions and provide input on market demands to enable production teams to produce the required qualities and tonnages.
- Guide the development of customer experience strategies to improve customer relations.
- Drive the creation of a common language set and definitions for the customer experience with internal stakeholders for a 360-degree view of the customer.
- Drive alignment, cross-functional collaboration, innovation, and integration to enable optimum key account management and customer experience delivery.
- Oversee the successful marketing and promotion of MCM products to customers to improve brand visibility and increase of sales.
- Represent the organisation in strategic sales and marketing promotion endeavours (e.g., coal mining conferences).
- Provide strategic direction and oversight in the development of market entry and exit strategies.
- Build long term partnerships and alliances which will enable achievement of the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Secure partnerships with traders through negotiating mutually beneficial agreements, which will unlock key markets.
- Continuously advocate for critical infrastructure developments through active engagements with key stakeholders of the critical regional logistics infrastructure projects (e.g., Governments, Botswana Rail, Transnet Freight rail, Funders).
- Oversee the development and implementation of logistics and distribution strategy.
- Participate in high value logistics and transport partner negotiations.
- Oversee the cost effective and efficient development and management of MCM’s logistics infrastructure.
- Oversee the development and implementation of sales strategies, initiatives, and plans.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration across the organisation to have one voice for the customer therefore improving overall customer experience and high coal quality production.
- Drive logistics and distribution efficiency by ensuring the organisation has efficient and cost-effective routes to markets and customers.
- Operations/business fluency and coal industry proficiency.
- Strong negotiation, advocacy, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of coal product marketing, market entry and exit strategies, product pricing optimisation, sales planning and management, customer management, logistics and distribution planning and management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of coal supply agreements.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, marketing, business administration, or a related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years at managerial level within a mining sales and marketing function.
- Management Development Programme as an added advantage
- Knowledge of SHE Management System ISO 45001: 2018 and ISO 14001: 2015.
We offer a competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and a comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 03 February 2023
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW
I hold a diploma in Human Resources Management and currently doing a Barchelor degree in commerce in Human Resources & Industrial Relations