If you are high reaching, diligent, passionate about change, eager to build a strong foundation for an accomplished career, and like the idea of working in an Airline with great Corporate culture, we have just the right roles for you!
HEAD OF FLIGHT OPERATIONS
1.1.Purpose of the Job
To program executive decisions into departmental goals and ensure that all flight operations are in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions of the AOC, and in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
1.2.Minimum Education required
Education: Degree in Commerce/Business or equivalent. Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL)/Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and an IATA Flight Operations Management course
1.3.Minimum Experience required
Experience: A minimum of 10 000 hours. Ten (10) years professional Airline experience as a pilot in command flying for a commercial transport airline. A large aircraft if AOC holder operates large aircraft or either small or large aircraft if the AOC holder operates only small aircraft.
1.4.Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Key Performance Areas)
• Translates Divisional operational and financial performance measurements for all strategic projects and activities to Departmental level and monitors them to ensure that the Divisional strategic objectives are met
• Enhances customer experience and promotes the reputation of the corporation by ensuring that flight operations meet their performance standards and targets in order to meet the airline’s customers’ expectations
• Oversees and ensures the introduction of cost effective and efficient systems optimization of Flight Operations processes to enable the Airline to fairly compete in the changing business environment
• Keeps abreast with latest developments in flight operations and recommends initiatives that lead to process improvement by applying acquired knowledge, skills and best practice.
• Leads in the establishment of Flight Operations standards and objectives to ensure set targets are met and that the department adheres to set safety and security standards
• Ensures that Flight Operations department has the tools and resources that enable them to respond effectively to any operational requirements and disruptions.
• Translates, implements and monitors Quality and Safety Management strategies from divisional to departmental level and approves Quality and Safety policies and procedures specific to the Department
• Directs the compliance to Quality and Safety Management policies and procedures for the Department and causes appropriate remedial action to be taken in case of deviation
• Ensures that the Department complies with all the Botswana and International regulations as stipulated in the Regulatory Bodies.
• Ensures that operation of aircrafts is in compliance with IOSA requirements
• Establishes and maintains a feedback system for flight operations and evaluates the results
• Ensure currency and adherence to the Operating Manuals
• Determines the classification for commanders’ competency
• Manages subordinates by setting, monitoring, reviewing performance and taking remedial actions as necessary
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please submit: a detailed CV, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, Human Resources, Air Botswana at: email@example.com
Closing Date: 27th October 2022
NB. ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ONLINE. THE AIRLINE SHALL ONLY CORRESPOND TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES.