HEAD OF FINANCE (5 Year Contract)
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide strategic direction, plan, organize, implement, coordinate and control the management of BoFiNet’s accounting and financial management function.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Financial Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop and manage a large budget (revenue and cost) to drive strategic intent. Analyze, interpret and provide opinions on financial results/reports, and understand the interaction between ratios, trends, external factors, business drivers, and strategy.
- Financial Analysis: In-depth understanding and ability to analyze trends and provide expert commentary and opinion on how ratios, trends, business, and value drivers interact.
- Financial control: Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of an effective and efficient financial control environment.
- Management Accounting: Report the performance of the organization on a timely basis incorporating all the necessary analysis, ratios, trends, and comparisons to the industry. Manage various project funds to ensure milestones are aligned to funding and, reporting is done effectively and timely.
- Financial Accounting: Interpret the organization’s results and provide management with in-depth advice to influence Business strategy.
- Fixed Assets Management: Design fixed assets manual, processes, and plans and provide expert advice on procurement, disposal, redistribution, and sale of fixed assets.
- Tax Management: Provides Expert knowledge and application of tax laws to the business.
- Credit Risk Management: Define credit policy and process, and oversees the credit control function to ensure timely collections and adherence to the credit policy and collection targets
- Revenue and Assurance: Manages the Revenue Assurance section to identify revenue leakage areas, communicate to the organization and provide recommendations to curb the leakage areas.
- People Management: Create an enabling environment for employees to perform by ensuring the availability of people-centered interventions. Coach and develop employees to add value in current and future roles.
- Stakeholder Management: Develop and manage relationships with bankers, auditors, regulators, and relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Auditor Management: Manage both internal and external audits to complete within budget and timelines (Statutory deadlines, regulatory deadlines, etc.)
- Treasury Management: Manage the treasury/cash flows of the organization and control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital
- Investment: Evaluates and propose suitable investment strategies
- Strategy: Provide direction to the company’s financial strategic planning and support initiatives; direct and monitor the implementation of strategic plans to ensure their proper and timely execution.
- Reporting: Monthly reporting to Executive Management on the performance of the Company and Quarterly reporting to the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Managing Complexity
- Strategy Creation
- Customer focus
- Building Talent
- Leading Change
- Business Acumen
Academic Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have attained the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Full Membership of a recognized professional body e.g. ACCA/BICA/CPA/CA/CIMA or equivalent
- Minimum of Eight (8) years post qualification experience of which three (3) should have been served under a managerial position within an accounting environment.
BoFiNet offers highly competitive packages commensurate with the level of responsibility. Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of academic/professional qualifications, experience, and at least three (3) referees to:
The HR Manager
Private Bag 00236
Please note we only accept applications via emails
3rd November 2022
Please contact us on 3995500
(ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO)