This is a position under BSB Insurance Agency PTY LTD functionally reporting to the Director, Operations the incumbent will be responsible for planning, managing, leading and directing the development and distribution of all insurance products in order to increase organisational revenue and profits. The Head, Bancassurance is also responsible for insuring that the organisation’s insurance products are in line with all regulatory standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Develop and implement, in consultation with Director, Operations, a structure business model and associated business processes to drive the organisation’s insurance offerings.
2. Develop and execute a business plan for the organisation’s insurance activities and ensure that it aligns with both the organisations goals and strategic objectives as well as those of its strategic partners.
3. Manage relationships with all insurance partners to ensure the smooth running of the organisation’s distribution channels and delivery of organisational targets.
4. Provide monthly reports on the performance of the organisation’s insurance arm including detailed financials, commission reconciliation, financial projections, P&L monitoring, marketing allowance activities, etc.
5. Collaborate with Head, MPR, Head, SCX, Executive management and Insurance partners to review competitive landscape, customer preferences and organisational product offerings in order to set sales targets and to develop new product offerings.
6. Collaborate with senior management and Marketing Department to create and implement impactful marketing campaigns.
7. Oversee insurance operations, new hire training, business development efforts and provide ongoing support for sales and service.
8. Develop appropriate metrics for customer service delivery and monitor achievement of targets and adherence to service levels.
9. Collaborate with Head, MPR; Head, SCX and Head, PDDC to conduct competitor analysis, market research and customer needs analysis on an ongoing basis.
10. Ensure that all insurance related activities are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements and ensure that all sales agents have been appropriately certified to do so in accordance with all legal, regulatory and organisational guidelines.
11. Work with DO to ensure that Insurance division is appropriately resourced in order to maximise the organisation’s return on investment.
12. Work with supervisors to identify market growth/ cross-sell opportunities to increase product holdings and improved revenues.
13. Initiate, execute and manage marketing programmes and retention strategies in line with business objectives (premiums, commissions, product type and number of policies).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Insurance, Finance, Risk Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Strategic Management, or related area.
• Professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute, Insurance Institute of South Africa or equivalent is an added advantage.
• Eight (8) years’ of relevant insurance sales experience including four (4) years of management experience.
• Experience establishing an insurance division or in a finance related start- up would be an added advantage.
BSB offers attractive remuneration package to the most suitable candidates.
Interested and qualified
Applications clearly marked with the position being applied for in the subject line and latest CVs (providing at least three referees) and certified copies of educational certificates should be sent to the following email address email@example.com on or before the 23rd May 2021.