The Regent Group is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to fill in the following vacancies.
– Group Executive Chef
An Executive Chef oversees the daily operations of restaurant and hotel kitchens. This include hiring, training and overseeing kitchen staff, and ensuring a high-quality, cost-effective product for Regent City Hotel, Regent Kgale Lodge and Manong Game Lodge.
-must possess atleast a diploma in Tourism and Hospitality or any related qualification.
-atleast 5 years experience as an executive chef with traceable references.
• Develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
• Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
• Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and kitchen staff.
• should advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
• Actively involves in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
• Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavour.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
• Coordinates with the purchase department and responsible for acquisition of needed goods and services.
• Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
• Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations. Also interview and hire new applicants for kitchen.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
Interested Candidates should email their CVs and qualifications to email@example.com and mention the title they are applying for as a Subject.
Hand deliveries are at Regent Select Hotel opposite the University of Botswana or at Manong Game Lodge.
*Closing date is the 28th of January 2023.
*No applications will be reviewed after the closing date.
* please note that only shortlisted candidates will contacted.