Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– GRAPHICS DESIGNER X 1
Main Purpose Of The Job
Develop the overall layout and production design for assessment materials and other related printed publications strictly in accordance with design and template specifications and security procedures to ensure that the assessment materials and other related publications are prepared for printing as per timetables and schedules
Key performance areas:
• Assist in the development of design specifications and templates to enhance the legibility and security of assessment materials, and other documentation and publications
• Design layouts, designs, artwork and formats to deliver a wide range of visual assets/materials and produce documents from design concept to final format
• Advise on the development of presentation-ready material and customising of graphics and other publications
• Generate engaging, memorable visual and copy concepts by researching design trends and best practices, new technologies and applications
• Development and maintenance of print and digital design style guide
• Implement the approved design style for assessment documents
• Liaise with printing houses on printing requirements and technical production matters to ensure that material and publications are reproduced in accordance with concept and specifications
Qualification & Experience
• At least a Diploma in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or a relevant field from a recognised institution. A Bachelor Degree will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 4 years similar experience post-qualification for Diploma holders or a minimum of 2 years similar experience post-qualification for Degree holders.
• Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Networking and relationship building
• Organisational skills (planning, time management, work prioritisation)
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving.
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.