GRADUATE TRAINEE TALENT MANAGEMENT ANALYST (X1) GABORONE- 3 YEAR FIXED CONTRACT
Botswana Power Corporation is driven by the desire to develop future human capital to ensure that there is a pool of talented and capable young employees within the Energy Industry. The Corporation is looking for talented graduates with high potential to be developed and groomed into high performing employees. This opportunity is well suited for Graduates who are looking to start a career in the Energy Industry, applicants who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana are invited to apply for the below listed position not later than 11th June 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To assist provide support in the implementation of Talent Management initiatives and associated business processes to achieve Organisational effectiveness.
- Maintenance of employee data in the HR System to optimise data integrity.
- Run & generate reports from the system as & when required.
- Process requests received from User Departments by creating/capturing the required information as per the Position Maintenance forms.
- Correct information in the system including, but not limited to Position Org Charts, reporting lines, Cost Centres & location.
- Compile and analyse Talent Management reports as follows: Headcount against approved manpower reports; Weekly reports (not limited to attrition, new hires, movements & diversity); Performance Management System reports ; Trends analysis
- Guide employees on performance contracting (crafting of objectives & targets).
- Compile & analyse raw data received on performance assessments & interpret the results (to show how each department has performed).
- Track the implementation of Performance Improvement Plans & advise Line Managers accordingly.
- Attend to performance management queries and close them withing set turnaround times.
- Provide guidance & advise to Line Managers on implementation of the Succession Policy
- Provide support in the identification, assessment, development planning and review of Successors & Mission Critical Positions.
- Initiate changes and amendments to existing policies to align with best practice, best fit and legislation.
- Quality assure submissions for processing and advise HR Relationship Managers on Policy application
- Prepare presentations, handouts, or other materials related to Talent Management as required.
- Arrange for refresher sessions to sensitise employees on various Talent Management processes to build capacity among employees
- Attend to customer enquiries, complaints, requests and queries to their satisfaction with the assistance of the HR Team as a whole.
- Avail information to Customers/Stakeholders as requested to maintain good working relationships between the BPC and the third parties
- Researches best practices and recommends ideal talent management processes for the Corporation.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- Compliance with organisational and statutory health and safety policies and procedures in the provision of HR services.
- Recognised Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Successful completion of internship programme is required
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 11th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.