GRADUATE TRAINEE PRODUCTION PLANNING & PERMIT COORDINATION ENGINEER (X1)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 4th October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To plan, organize, control and coordinate the activities of Production Planning and coordinate with Technical Services in order to minimize plant down time and maximize effective life and availability of the plant equipment.
- Manages plant equipment isolation and readiness for Maintenance or Engineering to perform planned activities as per permit requirements and ensures all information is updated for accurate capture of equipment status.
- Oversees the Permit Process in line with defined policies and procedures.
- Plans and coordinates maintenance activities in line with defined Policies and Procedures to ensure safe and productive Plant Isolation and compliance Safe Work Procedures.
- Analyses specified problems and issues related to effective plant isolation in order to find the best technical and/or professional solutions in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Plans and coordinates testing and inspection of plant systems and processes, then implements and monitors the effectiveness of corrective actions and/or continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by working within performance management systems for realisation of organisational objectives.
- Assists senior colleagues manage Maintenance and Engineering by using defined systems and procedures.
- Builds own capabilities and develops the capabilities of direct reports by working within existing development framework; provides specialized training or coaching in area of expertise to others.
- Provides input in delivering a prescribed budget for own area of the organization and/or conducts complex analyses on budget progress in other areas while working within established systems.
- Identifies shortcomings and suggest improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, then delivers a plan for a small element of a change management program with guidance from a Project Manager or Procedure.
- Provides advice on designing new processes and systems to achieve professional standards and desired outcomes
- Avails Maintenance and Operations documents to Knowledge Management for Records Management.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established knowledge management systems.
- Provides input into the development of policies & procedures for an area within the organization with the section and monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- Safeguards adherence to equipment Statutory Compliance and PTW procedures.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organization’s safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Valid class B Driver’s Licence required
- Membership of the Engineers Registration Borad Botswana (ERB) is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the production environment.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 4th October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.