Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is a perfect opportunity to be involved in a new established mining operation, gaining exposure into multiple technical facets of open pit mining.
The role will involve working directly alongside the mine engineering team to build upon your skills and knowledge, getting involved in a wide range of aspects from D&B Designs/QAQC and mine planning through to project engineering such as dump designs.
Key Performance Areas
- Assisting the mine engineering team in daily activities where required. Tasks could include project engineering, developing mine plans / schedules along with supporting and reviewing drill and blast designs.
- Supporting the mining team with contractor management.
- Gain exposure into all technical functions of mining (dewatering, mine planning, project engineering and mine design, Drill & Blast & Survey).
- Provide technical support to the contractor in relation to short term mine planning and related project tasks.
- Assisting with managing reporting systems such as the end of month contractor production quantities & production databases.
- Helping the mining engineers with the conducting of audits into contractor drill and blast QAQC performance & operational efficiencies.
- Ensure safe systems of work are incorporated into all tasks and work plans
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A strong commitment to safe work practices.
- A proactive attitude and an eagerness to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak with all levels within the organisation.
Qualification & Experience
- BSC in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Must hold a current Class B driver’s license
- Registered with ERB or ability to register
- Knowledge of Open Pit operations (highly regarded).