Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is responsible for supporting the mine geology team in general grade control management duties.
This position is responsible for supporting the mine geology team in general grade control management duties. This includes but is not limited to assisting with ore mark out and extraction in an effort to minimise dilution and maximise ore recovery from the open pit mining operation.
Key Performance Areas
- Collect, interpret, and process grade control data to an acceptable standard, with oversight of Pit Technician’s work
- Collect and interpret geological mapping and drilling data to the required standard
- Communicate grade control and geological data to Mine Engineers and the plant on daily basis to optimise recovery and feed delivery to the plant, managing risk
- Assist mining contractor to minimise ore loss and dilution
- Conduct necessary reconciliation between models, plans, production, and processing data
- Perform a wide variety of technical, field and office-based work providing geology input to geology projects with a focus on grade control management
- Geological field mapping
- Geo-hazard assessment and mitigation/remediation design
- Day to day use of various geological software packages
- Report writing including geological interpretative reports, environmental impact statements and reporting for engineering works.
- Complete reports, and other duties as required
- Exhibit strong collaborative behaviours and the confidence to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong ethical awareness
- Employing an analytical approach.
- a keen eye for detail and
- Comfortable in writing reports and giving presentations
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences or equivalent
- Knowledge of logging, sampling, and rig experience desirable
- Exposure to geological modelling software beneficial