Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is responsible for assistant in designing, developing, and maintaining electrical systems for the process plant equipment, and power distribution networks.
The Graduate will assist in resolving delays and reliability issues using formal root cause analysis or other analytical techniques.
Key Performance Areas
- Participation in operations or maintenance problem solving teams, including assisting in field trouble shooting activities.
- Recommend and implement new analytical tools, explore, recommend, and drive new technologies.
- Achieve step improvements in Productivity, Quality, Reliability, and Cost.
- Assist in resolving delays and reliability issues using formal root cause analysis or other analytical techniques.
- Apply predictive and condition-based techniques and procedures to resolve equipment reliability issues.
- Assist in the functional design / redesign of equipment systems where necessary.
- Assist in the selection, benefits, procurement, and installation of new equipment systems and components.
- Provide technical assistance regarding installed equipment selection, acceptance, operation, maintenance.
- Attend and contribute to internal and external design review and progress meetings
- Participate in design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines and professionals
- Produce and review electrical & mechanical design documentation
- Review of specifications and designs against industry standards and specifications
- Produce specifications and outline designs
- Ensure that site installation works and quality match both design and appropriate industry standards
- Record and review as-built information
- Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Programme updates
- Strong project management and technical leadership skills.
- Advanced computer skills is a definite asset.
- Possess keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn and ability to innovate.
- Safety culture awareness
Qualification & Experience
- Must have a four (4) year degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
- Eligibility to be a member of Engineering Registration Board