Location: Tlou Drilling
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To maintain and extend the life of GET equipment according to OEM specification and standards to ensure an effective Performance Contract through:
- Machine availability
- Customer relation
- Safety, health and environmental
Key Performance Areas
- Identify work to be done from work order
- Perform scheduled maintenance
- Capture & record equipment changes and deviations
- Fit and remove equipment on drill rigs
- Regularly inspect bit conditions on drill rigs
- Service DTH hammers to extend hammer life
- Correct and safe component changes
- Bit care by regular change and service intervals
- Report all damage
- Address all complaints & suggestions referring to equipment
- Follow PPE compliance
- Clean workshop & workplace
- Report hazardous conditions
- Attend and conduct safety meetings
- Complete near miss and hazard reports
- Minimum O’ Level / BGCSE qualification or a mechanical trade certificate.
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of Sandvik Rock tool products being a distinct advantage.
- Possession of a valid class B driver’s license.
- Experience in drilling activities or having worked as a drill assistant.
- Must be computer literate.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, where you will get more detail on the role and key effectiveness areas.
Applications Close: for applications: 15th September 2023.
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: Sep 15