The General Foreman will oversee and manage production shift employees.
The General Foreman will oversee and manage production Shift Supervisors and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards. To manage all plant operations and facilitates the execution of process plant operations activities to achieve production objectives.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance in alignment with the standard guidelines and company policy.
- Enhance safety and environmental awareness to ensure employee safety and health. Apply a broad range of technical and practical knowledge, and skills in the assessment of hazards as well as potential risks, in varied contexts, within the specific area of responsibility, to assure a safe workplace for the workforce.
- Ensure housekeeping of the plant is clean and orderly before and after each shift. (rephrase)
- Experience in copper concentrator plant and use the expertise to optimize production including throughput and recovery, transfer the knowledge to the workforce.
- Coordinating daily tasks according to priorities and plans, making necessary adjustments according ore feed rate dynamics and resource availability
- Oversees production operations on assigned shifts.
- Prepares work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Ensures that plant spares are identified, weighed, and warehoused correctly.
- Troubleshoot process bottlenecks to ensure smooth plant operations.
- Notifies the maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures all process plant sections paperwork including work order for repair is completed and signed correctly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Trains and manages production employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Commit involvement and lead the workforce to anticipate what action is required when change comes by showing empathy and appreciation of effort.
- Maintain production cost lower than the forecast or annual budget in line with company target.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports
- Logical thinking and being able to analyse details.
- Ability to inspect process plant maintenance work for adherence to shutdown plans, and work orders
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering / Mineral Processing or related field related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Valid Botswana Class B Drivers Licence
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a process supervisor in the copper flotation plant.
- Track record in delivering effective supervision, leadership, and technical expertise to processing teams.
- A comprehensive knowledge of mining industry safe work standards and quality control is essential.
- Experience in supervision and process plant planning activities.