If you are high reaching, diligent, passionate about change, eager to build a strong foundation for an accomplished career, and like the idea of working in an Airline with great Corporate culture, we have just the right role for you!
FLIGHT DISPATCHER (X 1)
1.1 Purpose of the Job
To ensure cost-effective planning, coordination, monitoring and controlling of aircraft movements as instructed by the Operations Control Manager, Optimise adherence to schedule and unscheduled flight times whilst ensuring compliance with legal and company policies, standards and procedures.
The role is key in coordination of all technical and operational factors such as the weather, overflight permits, route planning, aircraft performance, airport facilities, the aircraft’s technical condition or fuel requirements.
Flight Dispatcher ensures on-time departure, cost-effective rescheduling and timely effective communication to other operational sections, by adhering to standard operating procedures.
1.2 Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Key Performance Areas):
• Flight Dispatch and Planning
• Maintain flight control operations
• Flight Monitoring
• Maintain/Manage Crew Schedules – Rostering to ensure optimal compliance with regulatory requirements
• Manage irregular operations (Investigations of root causes, assignment of Resource and execution of contingency planning
• Collaborates with stakeholders to recover flight schedules and escalate reports of breaches in safety and/or security to the relevant authorities
• Uphold safety and/or security standards
• Fuel Efficiency and Cost Control
• Flight Security, Safety and Quality Management
• Business Change Support
• Regulatory Compliance
• Performance Management
1.3 Minimum Education required:
• A recognized Aviation Qualification with an ICAO Flight Dispatchers License or Pilot CPL and having Radio Licence
1.4 Minimum Experience required
• At least four (4) years’ post qualification experience two of which should have been as Flight Operations Control/Load Control/ Flight Technical Officer or as Flight Crew Member.
1.5 Required Technical & Behavioural Competencies
• Planning and Organising
• Customer Focus
• Commercial Awareness
• Standard Operating Procedures
• Airline Crew Scheduling
• Airline Operations Management
• Flight Dispatch, Planning & Performance Data Analytics
• Change Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Regulatory Compliance
• Flight Disruptions and Irregular Operations Management
• Leadership, Teamwork and Collaborative Influence
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please submit: a detailed CV, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience to the Manager,
Human Resources & OD, Air Botswana
CLOSING DATE: 9 th November 2022
NB. ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ONLINE. THE AIRLINE SHALL ONLY CORRESPOND TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.