FLEET TECHNICAL OFFICER (X1)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 02 December 2022.
Main purpose of the position
To coordinate & implement fleet operations, policies and procedures by performing technical work in the vehicles and equipment mechanics as needed to ensure compliance with the Corporation’s fleet polices and regulations.
- Operates complex processes, adjust diverse variables to achieve the best possible quality/productivity outcomes and generates solutions to simple/recurring inefficiencies .
- Schedules issuance of Pool vehicles and Fleet maintenance.
- Performs prescribed procurement activities using existing procedures and systems to support other departments.
- Performs simple contract management tasks by following established procedures in order to support others.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services
- Carries out prescribed internal and external client management activities and provides support to others by following existing procedures.
- Reviews identified shortcomings in current compliance processes, systems and procedures and ensure compliance by user departments.
- Operates in accordance with policies and rules, while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Organises the cleaning of warehouses and stores yards in accordance with good housekeeping and safety standards.
A recognized University Degree in Transport logistics/ Business Administration or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification in an environment with a large fleet of vehicles.
- Knowledge of an automated Fleet Management System will be an added advantage.
- In addition, the candidate should possess a Botswana Driving Licence with class B with 2 years driving experience
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Action Oriented
- Drive For Results
- Process Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Management Excellence
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 02 December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.