This position is responsible for provides support in fit-up activities by placing, positioning, and fixing different components after conducting proper measurements, markings, and edge preparation under the supervision of an Artisan Fitter.
Key Performance Areas
- Assisting in the maintenance and repair
- To perform/assist in Fitting duties and maintenance with the qualified Fitter
- Attend to breakdown and plant equipment failures
- Do standby and be prepared to work overtime if required
- Work according to personal health, safety, and environment protocol at mine site
- Identify, use various tools, tackles and handle heavy materials used in fit-up of fabricated components
- In-depth knowledge of rigging equipment and heavy machinery.
- Excellent hearing and vision.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Ability to work at heights and in noisy environments.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions
Qualification & Experience
- Trade Test B or C in Fitting or
- National Craft Certificate (NCC): Fitting
- Valid Driver’s License
Working experience: of 1 – 2 years working as an Assistant Fitter