Title: Fire & Emergency Marshal
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To protect Company assets and human life from fire hazards
Key Job Responsibilities
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved budgets
- Responds to fire incidents and other emergencies calls and provides fire fighting support services at the scene of the incidents to minimize property damage and causalities.
- Compiles information on fire fighting equipment around the Mine to ensure up to date inventory
- Plans and conducts training to Mines employees in order to build capacity and/or raise awareness.
- Recharging of Fire extinguishers in line with legal requirements.
- Drives and operates fire pumps and ambulances at start of shift or during emergencies
- Implements a schedule of evacuation drills and emergency simulations for respective areas
- Conducts inspections on airport runway before aircraft take-off and landing and ensures the safety of the area – (Airport coverage)
- Controls, cleans fuel spillage and hazadours material to ensure proper management and disposal
- Ensures the safety and security of emergency area as per first response requirements, provides first aid to casualties and preserves evidence
- Conducts evacuation drills and emergency simulations for designated areas
- Inspects all fire breaks around the mine perimeter fence and other mine properties/structures to ensure prevention of damage caused by wild fires
Other Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- O Level
Minimum of 3 years in fire fighting environment
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Firefighter Certificate
- Drivers License – Class C
- Breathing Apparatus Certificate
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
- Operational Knowledge
- Reporting and Assurance
- Emergency incident management
- Service Orientation