Financial Accountant (5 Year Contract)
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the incumbent will oversee the day to day accounting operations, ensuring accurate, efficient and effective reporting to support the business. He/she will be responsible for preparation of financial statements in accordance with financial reporting standards.
- Management of accounts payable, receivable and treasury functions
- Preparation of weekly cash flow statements, controlling expenditure and cash flow management
- Ensure accuracy of the general ledger
- Perform month-end and year-end close procedures
- Preparation of IFRS compliant annual financial statements
- Manage the business’ tax obligations and/ payments and ensure compliance
- Lead internal and external audits
- Budgetary control
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies / responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential investments
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Perform / review complex tax computations
- Staff development and supervision
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviors:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Time-management abilities
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- The employee should be able to plan and execute tasks to successful completion.
Academic Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have attained the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Fully qualified with professional membership to ACCA or BICA.
- Minimum work experience of 5 years post graduate experience within an accounting or finance function.
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, certified copies of academic/professional qualifications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least two (2) referees to:
Head of Human Resources
Private Bag 00236
And Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only accept applications sent by email.
Please contact us on: 3995500
CLOSING DATE: 05 September 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO