Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– FINANCE OFFICER I (PAYABLES) X 1
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the payables function (processing of invoices, payment, record-keeping, reconciliations, reporting)
Key performances areas:
• Management of general ledger, record books, accounts payable journals
• Prepare voucher packages for processing.
• Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers
• Ensure accurate entry of transactions to accounting system
• Perform statement reconciliation for monthly procurement
• Preparation of accounting, financial and management reports and management accounts, for review by the Accountant
• Implement and maintain an appropriate structure, system of policies and procedures for adequate level of control over all activities under own supervision
• Arrange the audit schedule and attend to auditor queries
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in Accounting or a closely relevant field from a recognised institution. A professional accounting qualification
such as CIMA, ACCA, CA or recognised equivalent is an added advantage, knowledge in IAS, IFRS and IPSAS, Proficient in the use of computers and software relevant to the position.
• Minimum 4 years relevant experience of which 2 years should have been at junior professional/ technician level or its equivalent.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.