EXTRA HEAVY DUTY DRIVER (X4)-MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To transport Botswana Power Corporation employees and goods in accordance with safety standards and statutory requirements
- Drive light and Extra heavy-duty vehicles to transport staff and materials in accordance with acceptable road transport regulations
- Works within current compliance processes, systems and procedures and reports shortcomings.
- Carries out routine inspection on the vehicles and ensures that it is serviced and maintained accordingly.
- Prompt reporting of vehicle defects and faults.
- Checks vehicle legal requirements such as permits and licensing discs to ensure conformity with transport regulations.
- Maintains files and records by following established maintenance procedures.
- Ensures arrival of staff well on time so as to resume their duty for efficient production
- Operates in accordance with policies and regulations, while performing routine safety checks on vehicles.
- Participates in safety inspections and reports on findings to maintain safety of personnel and good housekeeping
- Maintenance of safety standards and accident-free record
- Ensure vehicles are clean and roadworthy, including installed safety equipment such as fire extinguisher, first aid kit, brake and turn signal lenses when engaged in transit. (vehicle checklist arranged document)
- Report problems and/or issues with vehicles
- At least Secondary Education (BGCSE/IGCSE) or Equivalent.
- A valid Botswana Driver’s License (Type EC) with a recognized PRDP Passenger Special and Goods
- Class H as an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in driving Extra Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Ethical Conduct
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.