This position is responsible for implementation and coordination of conservation activities/projects within mine lease areas.
- Analyse, monitor and report on environmental programs especially biodiversity.
- Implement conservation projects by working with other stakeholders/departments and/or overseeing work carried out by external implementation partners to support biodiversity net gain.
- Participate in investigations of incidents or complaints that impact or have the potential to impact on biodiversity.
- Collect biodiversity data and field information in line with biodiversity management techniques.
- Manage wildlife utilisation operations and procurement of permits such as culling and live capture.
- Manage invasive species in the mine lease area.
- Conduct seasonal vegetation surveys within the mine lease areas to assess the conditions of the range in relation to animal stocking rates, animal types and feeding requirements.
- Perform internal compliance and monitoring activities like periodic inspections.
- Implement the mine Biodiversity Action Plan
- Collaborate with authorities’ representatives on biodiversity-related research, management, and improvement projects.
- Prepare concise and professional written reports.
Qualifications: BSc Wildlife Management, Ecology, Environmental Management, Zoology, Botany or related field.
Experience: 5 years in biodiversity management, preferable in the mining sector and with exposure to interactions with communities and authorities.
- Biodiversity management
- Environmental monitoring
- Performance reporting
- Impact and Influence
- Concern for Safety, Health and Environment
- Zero critical incidents.
- 100% compliance with Sandfire’s OHS management system.
- 100% compliance with the Company’s Environmental policies and procedures.
Other: Satisfactory results from the prescribed medical examination and which indicates fitness and ability to carry out prescribed tasks to required performance and safety standards.