Morupule Coal Mine (MCM) is a mining company established in 1973 to mine and unlock true value of coal for all stakeholders. The MCM business is at the heart of a prosperous future for Botswana with coal production contributing significantly to the economic development of Botswana. The Mine is owned by the Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB) a mining investment entity of the Government of Botswana.
Morupule Coal Mine is located 7 km northwest of the urbanized village of Palapye (the fastest growing center outside the capital city of Gaborone), along the Serowe-Palapye national highway (A14). The company’s vision is ‘To be a partner of choice in the global coal transition’.
The Company Seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- ENTREPRISE & SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
To enhance the performance and capabilities of Morupule Coal Mine (MCM)’s Citizen-Owned Business Partners through capacity building, governance & reporting, enterprise & supplier development and stakeholder management.
• Collects and analyses data related to supplier performance, cost and other relevant metrics of the Citizen Economic Empowerment Programme (CEEP) in line with MCM’s corporate strategy thus identifying areas of improvement or areas of good performance.
• Facilitates targeted capacity building interventions for MCM Citizen-Owned Business Partners advised by research, to enhance capability in technical, non-technical and industry related standards.
• Conducts all risk assessments through the identification of potential risks and vulnerabilities in MCM’s supply-chain relevant to MCM’s Citizen-Owned Business Partners.
• Manages all MCM Citizen-Owned Business Partners’ performance that ensures regular outcomes-based monitoring and evaluation with the goal to drive cost savings and efficiency.
• Provides foresight through the collection, analysis and reporting of national, regional, and international Enterprise & Supplier Development (E&SD) frameworks relevant to the growth of MCM’s Citizen-Owned Business Partners.
• Make recommendations for possible improvements to enhance cost containment, improve cycle time, identify bottlenecks, and improve quality of the service provided by MCM Citizen-Owned Business Partners.
• Maintains continuous and meaningful communication channel that establishes rapport, addresses concerns, and understands needs of internal and external stakeholders.
• Initiates the conflict resolution process by proactively addressing conflicts, seeking resolutions, and promoting constructive dialogue to maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
• Ensures the organizing, storing, and retrieving of records relevant to CEEP.
• Adheres to all safety, health and environment policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Data Analysis
• Quality Management
• Negotiation Skills
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Quality Assurance
• Process Analysis & Design
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Commerce Degree or any
• related qualification.
• 5 years post graduate experience in Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, Sustainability, Business Development, Entrepreneurship Development or Corporate Social Investment.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 28 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.