ENTERPRISE RISK & CLAIMS OFFICER- GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16 December 2023
Main purpose of the position
To implement Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) processes, ensuring that risk registers and continuity plans are reviewed accordingly in alignment with BPC adopted framework. Accountable for the short-term insurance portfolio.
- Implement the Corporation risk matrix to monitor the status of the risks identified and the action plans agreed with line management.
- Facilitate risk workshops to identify applicable risks, contributing factors, root causes, consequences mitigating controls and to evaluate the probability and severity of the risk at departmental level.
- Facilitate independent investigations on all accidents and incidents using best practice methodologies such as RCAT
- Review business continuity plans (BCP) with line management.
- Facilitate BCM workshops to identify business continuity requirements and solutions at departmental level through identification of risks to business continuity, mitigation actions and implementation follow-up.
- Collates data into reports and recommends changes to improve risk management with relevant stakeholders (internal & external).
- Assist line management to identify possible risks within processes through application of risk management tools (e.g., risk registers, highbond).
- Assist in reviewing short term insurance portfolio & interpret wordings to ensure adequate cover is in place.
- Assist line management to identify, assess and report the adequacy of business unit contingency plans for critical business areas, functions and applications through testing and periodic reviews of the plans.
- Implement engagement plans for all internal and external stakeholders. Disseminate and share ERM, Continuity management, and Insurance information.
- Serve as a liaison among the hospital and BPC patients, authorizing admissions/treatment recommended by medical practitioners.
- Responsible for all patient management logistics (accommodation, transportation) from incident occurrence until claim settlement.
- Collate all information necessary for labour compensation process and confirm settlement with labour for file closure.
- Compile and submit all documents required for insurance submission, continuously monitor progress until settlement.
- Ensure up to date account settlement for all health facilities in BPC supply data base.
- Ensure all health facilities providers are continuously compliant with the internal supply chain system.
- Implementation of ERM management system through development of documented procedures supporting the Policy.
- Implement awareness sessions to ensure that employees are aware of the Insurance products available and processes.
- Identify business critical processes, update contingency plans on yearly basis and coordinate BCM programme.
- Implement customer survey recommendation to ensure that the ERM, BCM and claims programmes are improved.
- Ensures that all standards as may be contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A recognised Degree in Risk Management, Risk & Insurance, or any Business degree.
- Certificate of proficiency in Insurance is required.
- Sound knowledge in implementation of ISO 31000, COSO framework.
- Valid Membership of professional Institutes /accreditation is added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in the field of Enterprise risk and insurance.
- A proven track record of effective operations management.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Decision Making
- Ethical Conduct
- Zero Harm
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16 December 2023 . Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.