ELECTRICAL ASSISTANT (X3) GABORONE (2) SELEBI PHIKWE(1)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023
Main purpose of the position
To support carrying out of maintenance, repairs and testing of substation transmission and distribution equipment to ensure equipment reliability and availability.
- Carrying out maintenance, repair, and testing of transformers, reactors, capacitors and HV Switchgear and ancillary equipment.
- Carries out maintenance of equipment such as Transformer and Reactor breather etc.
- Carries out inspection of transmission and distribution network equipment to ensure equipment availability and reliability
- Reports defects picked during inspections and submits them to Technician Substation maintenance for further actioning.
- Supports specialists on testing of substation batteries, transformers, and switchgears to ensure equipment reliability
- Operates machines or equipment within own area of work, prioritizing routing tasks to improve efficiency and adjusting multiple related variables to resolve problems.
- Operates the oil filtration unit.
- Performs operational tasks within given settings/parameters by following established processes.
- Maintain safety and upkeep of the substations
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures as outlined in the maintenance policy
- Install and repair of ancillary, primary and secondary equipment on transmission and distribution system
- Carries out maintenance of substation lighting systems, substation chargers and batteries.
- Comply with IEE regulations and standards as well as BPC Maintenance Policy.
- Adherence to SHER policies and procedures
- Ensures good condition and safe keeping of all tools and equipment
- Actively participates in the safety, health and environment programmes as driven by the Corporation.
- NCC electrical or equivalent
- Class B Driver’s license is required
- One (1) year post qualification experience in electricity supply environment
- Exposure to substation maintenance is an added advantage
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023 . Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.