HPP Botswana is a locally registered Non-Governmental Organization that has been operating in Botswana since 2001. The organization works to promote actions in the fight for development in areas of health, education, human rights, food security and household economy. Our work towards development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, driven by innovative and cost effective programs. The activities of HPP Botswana are aligned with the Government of Botswana’s National Vision 2036 and the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
HPP Botswana is inviting suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the available positions of the upcoming USAID funded project to implement an activity to support the maintenance and uninterrupted delivery of quality HIV/AIDS services within communities and strengthen the community and health systems in Botswana with an emphasis on the delivery of integrated HIV services. This positions are contingent to the project: Community Based Interventions for HIV/AIDS in Botswana Project (ExCAB).
Job opportunity: District M&E Officer (Kweneng 1 Francistown 1) Full Time
Job summary/ responsibilities:
Responsible for the implementation of the evaluation and performance measuring plan (EPMP) for the project. Supervise M&E staff, and consultants. Develop and take part in Data Quality Assurance (DQA). Provide management with data for decision making.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Take part in designing and implementing the EPMP and in development of the data collection tools and the national project database.
● Develop work plans, M&E manuals, performance monitoring plans as well as data management policies and procedures
● Build capacity in the team of M&E and other program staff to accurate collect and collate data.
● Mentor, provide supportive supervision and providing technical assistance in M&E at all levels of project
● Produce ongoing analysis of program progress for all districts to determine if programs are meeting targets and goals,
● Conclude and share with coordinators to take reprogramming action.
● Prepare presentations for HPP Botswana and donor reports, including visuals and statistics
● Work with staff and partners to make data collection modifications, based on the analysis.
● Lead and do data audits in each district and health facility to ensure true reports, track performance and improve documentation.
● Take part in development of Term of Reference for consultants to make baseline assessment, surveys and evaluations.
● Degree in social sciences, demography and statistic, evaluation, development studies or related field.
● At least five years’ relevant work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health and HIV Activities in a complex, multi-year health sector development projects.
● Vast experience with development of M&E framework and direct supervision of staff in implementation of monitoring and evaluation.
● Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV prevention, care, and treatment also of key populations.
● Competence in the use of essential IT data and analysis packages.
● Experience with USAID funded activities, with PEPFAR monitoring, evaluation and reporting experience preferred.
● Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills to all levels of staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications with detailed CVs and minimum 3 referees must be received by 9th February, 2021. Attach certificates and other documentation at this stage. Application should be sent or hand delivered to
Hope Humana Kweneng Office (Mmopane nect to GUC)
Hope Humana Francistown Plot 18168 Next to Acacia Pre School, Selepa
To Humana People to People P O Box 600623-Gaborone
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Looking for employment as a Social Worker. Holder of a degree in Social Work. 4+ years experience in the field.