OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR
DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT
VACANCY NO: IRC 947
The University of Botswana, the only Comprehensive University in the country invites suitable candidates for the position of Director, Internal Audit in the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
The Director, as head of Internal Audit Department is responsible for helping the University to achieve its objectives by giving assurance on its control arrangements and playing key role in promoting good corporate governance. The Director, Internal Audit objectively assesses the efficiency and effectiveness with which the University manages its resources and the risks that the University faces and gives appropriate assurances.
Key Performance Areas;
- Provide the Audit Committee and Executive Management with assurance on the significant risks in a form and timeframe that is useful. This entails providing assurance to the Audit Committee and Executive Management that they can rely on the University’s processes and systems to manage risk to the achievement of the University’s objectives.
- Provide an objective and evidence based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management and internal controls
- Champion best practice in governance, objectively assessing the adequacy of governance and management of emerging risks and proposed developments
- Lead and direct an internal audit service that is resourced to be fit for purpose
- Being a change agent by making recommendations for improvement that are embraced and acted upon by management
Position Requirements: Applicant must have attained; (i) A minimum of Degree in Accounting or related subject area; (ii) membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting (preferably at fellowship level) body such as ACCA, CIMA, CA, CIA, CFA, CPA, CFE, CISA, post graduate academic equivalent, etc.
Experience: Professionally and qualified and suitably experienced. At least five (5) years post qualification experience in auditing (or exceptionally in accounting) at a senior level with increasing professional experience. Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures. Human relations skills, interpersonal skills, good communication skills and a high level of computer literacy are essential.
Competencies: (i) High problem solving and decision making skills; (ii) Good communication and interactive skills; (iii) Client focus and teamwork; (iv) Leading and inspiring; (v) Good understanding of change management and innovation (vi) Personal and team Development; Vii)Ability to deliver excellence; (viii) Ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure, assertiveness and strong influencing and negotiating skills.
Remuneration: University of Botswana offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. For more information on the University.
How to apply: Signed letters of applications are to address the stated requirements and provide any information to assist the University to determine suitability of the position. Applicants should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Send the application to:
The Deputy Director, Appointments and Administration, University of Botswana, Private Bag 0022, Gaborone. Telephone: (267) 355 2840/4153 or Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand delivered application should be submitted to office 205 at Block 108. All applicants should inform their referees to: (i) quote the Vacancy number and position applied for and (ii) submit their references directly to the above address, before the stipulated closing date.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2021
Leave A Comment