The Botswana Open University is looking for self-motivated, strategically minded and solution- driven individuals who can work in a multicultural environment
with a proven track record of leadership experience to occupy the positions of:
*Director, Centre for Continuing Professional Development
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide senior level decision-making, strategic direction and day-to-day management of the Centre. To facilitate the provision of market-relevant short courses and the generation of third stream income. To guide the work of the Office and ensure effective delivery of its mandate and optimal use of all of its resources.
Key Performance Areas
• Strategic leadership of the Centre
• Contribution to the University’s revenue generation targets
• Effective implementation of high quality, demand-driven CPD courses
• Development and utilization of online platforms for the delivery of CPD courses
• Promotion of stakeholder engagement and learning needs identification
• Effective marketing of the Centre’s services
• Implementation of quality assurance procedures
• Contribution to the University’s organizational performance
• At least a Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration,
Management or a related field from a recognised institution
• Training in open, distance or e-learning an added advantage
At least 10 years of similar experience post-qualification in a higher education
environment, including a minimum of five years in a management position
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer focussed
• Results driven
• Strategic orientation, organisational knowledge, and alignment
• Networking and relationship building ability
• Flexible conceptual thinking
• Capacity to manage diverse stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills
BOU is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive remuneration
package. Each position is a five-year contract tenable in Gaborone. The appointment may be renewed subject to performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the requirements should send a two-page motivation letter, current Curriculum Vitae completed according to the BOU CV Application Template (which is available at http://www.bou.ac.bw/index.php/home/
bou-policies.html), two reference letters and a certified copy of their qualifications by e-mail to: email@example.com
Only electronic submissions will
be accepted and applications with incomplete information will not be acknowledged.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed, either face-to-face or virtually depending on circumstances. Following interview, the leading candidates will undergo psychometric assessment.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application when the appointment process has been completed.
Closing Date for Applications: March 5th, 2021
Leave A Comment