Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– DEVELOPER X 1
Main Purpose Of The Job
Responsible for the design and building of web applications for business systems of BEC
Key performance areas:
• Web application designing, building, or maintaining:
• Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
• Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
• Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
• Perform updates and work closely with any external designers/developers for updates
• Test all new features and add-ons thoroughly
• Edit, write, or design technical website content, or assist the Web Editorial and Social Media Officer I to update content on the website
• Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery
Qualification & Experience:
• Proficient in the use of computers and software relevant to the position A Bachelor Degree will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant post-qualification experience for Diploma holders and a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience for Degree holders.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.