Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– DATA PROCESSING OFFICER II X 2
Main Purpose Of The Job
Process assessment data using the appropriate technologies and produce clean data sets that contain accurate information, that is secured and that can be used to generate the required reports
Key performance areas:
• Clean the data, remove inconsistencies and process the data so that it is in a format that can be used to generate the necessary reports
• Maintain the security and integrity of the data and information contained on the database through routine and ad hoc validity checks
• Generate non-standard reports from queries to meet customers’ requirements for information
• Liaise with data capture section on data capture and scanning technologies to ensure that the prime entry data is ‘clean’
• Issue error reports and monitor any amendments to ensure that security and integrity protocols are observed
• Resolve problems relating to data management and generation of reports ensuring the integrity of the system, and escalate the issues that cannot be resolved at your level
Qualification & Experience:
• At least an Advanced Diploma in IT or a relevant field from a recognised institution. A Bachelor Degree will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant post-qualification experience for Diploma holders or a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience for Degree holders.
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Organisational skills (planning, time management, work prioritisation)
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving.
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.