Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– DATA PROCESSING EXECUTIVE X 1
Main Purpose Of The Job
Plan, organise and supervise the conduct of data processing work to generate cleaned data sets and reports that meet the needs of users, and that are in accordance with established procedures, rules and principles. Ascertain the confidential and accurate processing of data and generation of reports for all levels of assessments undertaken by the Council
Key performance areas:
• Provide inputs to the development and review of strategy, policy, procedures, processes, rules, regulations and standards for the department
• Plan, organise and coordinate data processing activities to ensure adherence to examination deadlines; and communicate the schedule of work to the team
• Develop and implement data security guidelines and procedures to ensure that data is processed under secure conditions; and ensure that the team adheres to security and confidentiality procedures at all times during the processing of confidential data and information
• Resolve technical problems relating to database management and generation of reports, and escalate to Core Systems unit if resolution cannot be done at own level
• Monitor systems efficiencies
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in IT or a relevant field from a recognised institution. A Masters will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience post-qualification in a similar position, and at least 3 years should be at a professional or equivalent level.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Mentoring and coaching
• Negotiation, networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving.
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.