Barloworld Equipment Botswana (Pty) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barloworld Equipment Southern Africa, and we are the approved dealership of Caterpillar earthmoving equipment including Mining, Construction and Power in Botswana. We wish to invite suitable candidates for the following positions tenable in Gaborone.
– CREDIT MANAGER
Purpose of Role:
The Credit Manager is a professional who is responsible for managing the credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers. The Credit Managers also manage and monitor the accounts receivable portfolio, ensuring timely payment of outstanding balances and minimizing bad debt risk. This is a mid-level position. The Credit Manager works closely with sales and customer service teams to ensure customer satisfaction while balancing the company’s financial goals.
• Overall responsibility for the entire credit granting process and management of the optimisation of company sales with bad debt risk.
• Review debtors ageing analysis weekly and close queries accordingly.
• Release sales orders to invoice financing institutions and collect money within agreed terms.
• Challenge the existing procedures and practices and implement improvements in all areas including cash collection, cash allocation and management of customer queries.
• Maintain and improve documentation of procedures and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and best practices.
• improve efficiency in cash collection activities and reduce bad debt exposure.
• Forward all invoices and statement to customers timeously.
• Generate month end and year end reports.
• Act as point of contact for all matters relating to collections and credit management
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent.
• Certification in Credit Management will be an added advantage
• Minimum 5 years working experience in Credit control.
• Strong business development skills and knowledge.
• Sound business and financial acumen.
• Exposure to business planning and budgeting processes.
• Good business communication and presentation skills.
• Excel lent analytical skills.
• MS Office package proficiency
Wc offer attractive remuneration packages and personal development, which are commensurate with the position and the market trends.
If you meet the above requirements and believe you can make a contribution to the operations of Barloworld Equipment Botswana, then please forward your application together with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Date: 26/10/2023
Closing Date: 08/11/2023
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only