Credit Initiation Manager – (2100005693)
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Botswana-Gaborone
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 03/Mar/2021, 11:22:02 AM
Unposting Date: 18/Mar/2021, 1:59:00 AM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Drive cost efficiency to create capacity for investment, optimize capital deployment to enhance returns
- Ensure GBS benchmarks are attained to support the level of applications through periodic review of trends and tracking of SRM action points
- Ensure GBS benchmarks are reviewed to be reflective of current process standards and technology
- Support group initiatives of capacity planning and hubbing as an approach to cost and process efficiency.
Deepen, broaden and selectively grow client relationships, deliver the network more effectively, upgrade product delivery to clients
- Enforce “the Core” in the approval of new business consistent with building deep relationships with clients and customers
- Have demonstrable constructive dialogues with the business/front-office and drive the right outcomes for the Bank in line with the Retail Clients strategy and risk appetite
- Have effective inter-functional engagements with key stakeholders- CCH, Compliance, Chief Risk, Officer etc that are directed towards bank goal congruence.
Reinforce and standardize infrastructure, optimize risk reward Balance, adapt business models to regulatory, technology changes
- Enhance the rigor of central portfolio oversight and improve the effectiveness of the reviews / meetings / forums to achieve precision in identifying key vulnerabilities and speed in mitigating emerging risks
- Materially enhance the ability to standardize products, policies, and underwriting and fraud management standards across markets
People and Talent
Raise the bar on conduct, strengthening regulatory relationships, enhancing engagement with people and reinforcing collaboration
- Strengthen discipline in adherence to processes and standards and ensure country procedures aligned to Group standards. Fully engage in initiating and driving the programme of embedding a risk culture.
- Strongly reinforce lessons learnt from control failures and sub-optimal risk decisions
- Strengthen the RRO organisation, address capability gaps and refresh development and succession plans for key roles in the country
- Drive and continuously Employee engagement
- Lead from the front on values and conduct
- Managing risk and compliance as part of my role
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed, and misconduct appropriately dealt with.
- Provide oversight across the Retail Risk Operations team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in Retail Risk Operations to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture
- Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues/gabs arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews
- Ensure authorisation rates and processes for the country meet Group standards
- Ensure compliance to VISA/master card rules and regulations
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- RCO Retail clients, CCH
- Country Business head and Product Heads, Retail client segment
- Country Collections Heads, Policy Heads
- Relevant members of Risk Operations Management team
- Internal IT Partners supporting retail clients business
- Operations, L&C and Customer Experience Management units in Botswana
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business Strategy and Model: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered’s Retail Clients business and that of peers in the industry
- Market Knowledge: awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which Standard Chartered Bank operates
- Non-technical Skills: strong written/oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & boarders
- Risk Management and Control: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered’s approach to risk management, specifically as applicable to Retail Risk Operations
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Retail Risk Operations through both directly-managed and virtual team
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant of the role of Head, Retail Risk Operations
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Leave A Comment